St. Mark’s Church of England Aided Primary School is set in a most beautiful woodland area on the borders of Bournemouth and Poole. The site is owned and managed by the Talbot Trust. The school was built in 1862 as part of an ambitious and far-sighted project, which culminated in the building of a model village.
The principles of a Church of England School are reflected not only in Religious Education and daily worship, but by applying Christian standards to all aspects of the life and work of the School.
“The Christian ethos of St Mark’s Church of England V.A. Primary School is one of it’s greatest assets”. (SIAS 2009 – National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools Report).
Our school has 420 pupils who enjoy the secluded and peaceful environment with spacious play areas, field and courtyards for outdoor learning. The school buildings include 14 classrooms, four small teaching rooms, a hall, a music room, a library, an ICT suite and an indoor heated swimming pool.
A strong Governing Body and School and Parent Association support the school, along with the Talbot Village Trust and the parish Church of St Mark’s, Talbot Village. The close association with the Church provides opportunities for building links with the local Christian and wider community.
Read more about our Schools Admissions to all schools including Secondary Schools